Custom Wine Tour Itineraries
Hours of online searching or wading through a guidebook listing of hundreds of wineries can be overwhelming! You can spend hours researching and still end up without a clear idea of which wineries to visit. Visitor association websites only promote their paying members and guidebooks make them all sound great – but which ones are great for you? I have visited countless Willamette Valley winery tasting rooms, and know many of the people who work in them personally. Let me use that knowledge to match what you want to the best locations for you.
And unlike other winegrowing areas, Oregon has hundreds of small boutique wineries that hold tastings by appointment, but I find that visitors are often intimidated by the concept. Let me take away the intimidation factor by booking appointments on your behalf.
I worked for years as a tasting room manager and private tour guide in the Willamette Valley, and can offer you my unique insider’s perspective on the wineries that will best fit your wine tour goals. My itinerary planning service will save you time and put your mind at ease. Please note that while we do not drive you on your tour, we make it much easier to be successful on your own! Transportation referrals are provided on request.
Whether you are seeking a relaxing and scenic day out; are on a mission to discover up-and-coming producers; or desire a serious study of the Willamette Valley’s premier wines, we’ll craft the perfect itinerary together.
Custom tour itineraries include:
- A thirty-minute (30) phone conversation to discuss your goals with Mich, scheduled at a mutually convenient time.
- A customized tour itinerary based on our conversation, including up to four (4) winery visits and timing for your day.
- Appointments made on your behalf at each winery.
- General driving directions to each winery.
- Recommendations for lunch, including discounts and deals from participating restaurants.
- My 3-page guide to practical information on visiting tasting rooms.
- My 48-page book, “Willamette Valley Wine Essentials,” which provides fundamental background information on our area and our wines.
- Minimum one (1) week lead time is required for custom itinerary planning.
- Tour itineraries can originate in Portland and surrounding suburbs, or in the Willamette Valley north of Salem.
- Itinerary planning is limited to northern Willamette Valley wineries (the area between Portland and Salem). Other areas in the state of Oregon are not covered.
- Tasting fees are not included and may apply at certain wineries.
- Tour itineraries are planned for up to six (6) guests only. Larger groups cannot be accommodated.
- I do not provide advice or concierge on accommodations or general travel planning.
- Custom itinerary consultations are refundable only when cancelled prior to our phone conversation.
View sample pages from Willamette Valley Wine Essentials
Wahoo! What a fun weekend was had thanks to the itinerary and suggestions provided by Mich. We met winemakers and tasted wines we would have never found without her guidance and were treated with special care when the winemakers heard who referred us. We also got some great tips on food and restaurants in the area so we were able to enjoy great food paired with some of our great purchases along the way!!!
My first trip to the Willamette Valley was made even more special by working with Mich to provide the ultimate itinerary. She has a such a vast knowledge of the area, and she knows the many of the winemakers off the beaten path so we were able to meet some really interesting characters and taste some wines that I'd never be able to find back at home! We were greeted warmly by each winery we visited, everyone we met has such tremendous respect for her. She created a tour that met all of our needs, and she's a pleasure to work with. Thanks again, Mich!!
We had an excellent tour of the Willamette Valley, each of the wineries we visited were impressive. They all showed us wonderful hospitality and had a very nice selection of wines. We had no problem finding plenty of wines we enjoyed to fill our cases to ship home. We really appreciate your support and believe this was a perfect way to plan our day. The materials you sent us in advance were a great way to prepare us. We were all thrilled with the day and will recommend your services for planning a customized wine tour to everyone we know - in fact we may come back again to visit some time soon.
what a great itinerary provided by Mich! It was designed just for our interest and we were able to get some time with 2 of the wine makers, which was fantastic! The entire day was perfectly planned and timed, we couldn't have asked for a better tour, thanks Mich!
Having Mich guide my wife and me through our visit to the Willamette Valley was outstanding. Her extensive knowledge -- the region's history, winemaking processes, savvy winery recommendations -- is matched only by her passion and enthusiasm.
Mich is one of most enthusiastic and knowledgeable resources for Oregon wines and her connections in the industry reach far deeper than surface level. She's widely known, extremely well respected, and most important, extraordinarily well-liked in this small community of collaborative business owners and wine-lovers.